[Cairo] Objective Caml bindings

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Sat Nov 15 06:29:01 PST 2003

On Nov 15, Olivier Andrieu wrote:
 > I've made some ocaml bindings for cairo. It uses Bigarrays for
 > in-memory image rendering and LablGTK for X11 rendering. There's also
 > support for Evan Martin's GtkCairo widget. Included are a couple of
 > cairo demos translated in ocaml.

Olivier,

Thanks! This will be great to have.

If you and Evan can both send me ssh keys and preferred usernames, we
can get both of your packages into CVS, (if you're willing to maintain
it there).

I tried to get this working on my Debian/unstable machine. After:

	apt-get install ocaml lablgtk

./configure runs without complaints, but after make I'm left with:

ocamlmklib -o cairo -oc mlcairo ml_cairo_status.o ml_cairo_channel.o ml_cairo.o ml_cairo_bigarr.o -L/usr/local/lib -lcairo -lm -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lz -lic -lpixregion
ocamlc -I +lablgtk cairo_lablgtk.mli
File "cairo_lablgtk.mli", line 6, characters 4-29:
Unbound type constructor Gobject.obj
make[1]: *** [cairo_lablgtk.cmi] Error 2

Any ideas?