[Cairo] Re: PNG backend for cairo?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 08:06:59 PST 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:53:53 -0500, Carl Worth wrote:
> I'm tempted to add a PNG backend to cairo. (...) some might already find
> the X library dependencies equally (or more) gratuitous. So maybe all we
> need is the ability to optionally disable backends at compile time?

I'm interested in server-side SVG to PNG rendering for web
application servers. I'm watching librsvg with interest to see how
increasingly comprehensive svg coverage balances out with gnome and other
library dependencies.

Would a --with-png compile-time option eventually facilitate a
complementary --without-x for libcairo?