[Cairo] AA-Artifacts during/after gameoflife

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Tue Nov 18 06:36:48 PST 2003

On Nov 18, Christof Petig wrote:
 > I don't know whether the artifacts of 'gameoflife -c 20 -r 20 -p' are
 > possible to eliminate by a reasonable amount of work but they confused
 > me a bit (unless I realized that they are AA leftovers).

Looks like just an application bug. I don't see any problem in cairo
itself.

I've just committed a fix to gameoflife to help it clean up after
itself better. It's not as efficient as it could be, but it should
give correct results now.

 > Keep up the good work, I can hardly wait for a cairo based gtk+.

Thank you. As for a "cairo based gtk+" you hardly need wait. In CVS,
the cairo-demo/gtk directory shows you how to draw your own widgets
using cairo. And the cairo-gtk-engine directory gives you a way to
make Gtk+ use cairo for drawing all of its core widgets.

I can't imagine that there is a lot still missing for a cairo based
gtk+.