[Cairo] Objective Caml bindings

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Fri Nov 21 11:37:39 PST 2003

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 11:00:57AM -0500, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Nov 15, Olivier Andrieu wrote:
>  > I see : you should apt-get lablgtk2 (which targets GTK 2.x whereas
>  > lablgtk is for GTK 1.2). And then you should run the configure like
>  > this :
>  >
>  >   LABLGTKDIR="+lablgtk2" ./configure
>
> Thanks Olivier,
>
> Things are working quite nicely now. And for others who might be
> following along at home, I misnamed the Debian package name. It looks
> like the essential command is:
>
> 	apt-get install liblablgtk2-ocaml-dev
>
> It's quite nice to see such a complete set of demo applications
> working. I don't think I have seen interactive cairo demos in
> most of the other available language bindings.

Next week i will make a package of Oliviers's Ocaml bindings, this way
just apt-get install of it should take care of all the necessary magic.

I don't know if it will reach he archive quiclkly though, as currently
our ftp-masters are busy with other stuff. Maybe there could be made
place on the cairo site for these packages in the meantime ? I would
move them to people.debian.org, but as gluck is one of the boxes that
got compromised i don't think it will be a good idea in the immediate
future.

The cairo .debs can also be hosted in the same place i guess, so we only
have to add one apt source for the whole cairo .debs.

Friendly,

Sven Luther