[Cairo] Image functions

Bill Spitzak spitzak at d2.com
Wed Oct 15 09:40:53 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 15 October 2003 08:46 am, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Oct 14, Alexandre Pigolkine wrote:
>  > I think that cairo_move_to specifies a position on the destination
>  > surface where to put a bitmap and I am missing a way to
>  > specify a position on the source surface from where to start.
>  > Something like:
>  > copy from source pos xs, ys, width, height to
>  > destination pos xd,yd.

I think what he wants can and should be done with clipping.

If he has an image of size W,H and he wants to draw a rectangle x,y,w,h from
it at dx,dy he should do this:

1. clip to the rectangle dx,dy,w,h.

2. Draw the entire W,H image at dx-x,dy-y.

3. Pop the clip region

--
     /\_       _|_========___         Bill Spitzak