[Cairo] mouse pointer and cairo - text selection

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Oct 15 11:40:29 PDT 2003

Around 8 o'clock on Oct 15, Carl Worth wrote:

> Font hinting is, of course, very important. So the internal
> implementation of cairo_show_text and cairo_show_glyphs will likely
> never go through a conversion to paths.

Hinting is a path->path transformation process done before rasterization,
so we can create paths using the hinted outlines.  However, the FreeType
rasterizer is optimized to generate bitmaps for small outlines, so we'll
probably use instead of the cairo one, although they should generate
essentially identical results.

-keith