[Cairo] Ruby/Cairo 0.1

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Mon Oct 27 13:27:47 PST 2003

On Oct 27, Evan Martin wrote:
 > I've been working on Ruby bindings for Cairo.  I think I have most of
 > the hard part done, but I have a few functions/enums left.
 > Anyway, here's a snapshot of what I have:
 >
 >   http://neugierig.org/software/ruby/cairo/ruby-cairo-0.1.tar.bz2

Thanks Evan!

I've posted this information on the web page. (Real soon now, I plan
to shift the web pages over to hosting at the machine hosting
freedesktop.org. There's a nice wiki there that will help the
maintainers of modules such as this to maintain their own web pages as
well).

And, if you'd be interested in hosting this in CVS alongside Cairo,
just let me know, (eg. send me a preferred username and a public ssh
key).

And, in case people haven't picked up the pattern yet. If anyone has
some new module that might be of interest to other users of Cairo,
we'd be happy to host it in CVS. Just email me an ssh key and I can
setup CVS access for you.

 > And here's the obligatory small sample program (this one randomly draws
 > splines over the window whenever it refreshes).

Thanks. It's quite cute.

BTW, you might want to change this demo to use square or round
caps. With the default butt caps, you will sometimes see "interesting"
artifacts at the end of some tight-turning, wide splines. We know what
is going on, and the drawing is actually "correct" given a particular
interpretation of what it means to stroke a spline. That said, I don't
like it, we know a definition that would give a more pleasing result,
and Keith has some ideas on how to implement that.