[Cairo] Problem installing cairo on redhat 7.3

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Mon Oct 27 13:30:17 PST 2003

On Oct 24, Hardani wrote:
 >  I'm new here and have question about installing cairo on Redhat 7.3.
 >  I have download source form cvs server lastnight and build but there
 >  is error after build it.

 > cairo_xlib_surface.c: In function `_cairo_xlib_surface_put_image':
 > cairo_xlib_surface.c:314: parse error before `int'
 > cairo_xlib_surface.c:316: `depth' undeclared (first use in this function)

 > Anyone here give clue, how to solve this problem?

Hi Hardani,

I've never seen that error before. It looks like CVS today doesn't
correlate with the line numbers in your error message above. But I
also didn't see any suspicious recent changes to that file.

Please try updating to the most recent checkout from CVS, and let me
know if you're still having trouble.

Good luck!