[Cairo] Stroke problems

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Thu Sep 4 12:08:21 PDT 2003

On Sep 4, Soorya Kuloor wrote:
 > I changed the line to read 'if (XDoubleToFixed(dy1))' and the artifacts
 > went away. However, I do not know whether this is the right thing to do
 > here. Is there a cleaner fix either here or somewhere higher up?

Soorya,

Thanks for the nice bug report.

Neither Keith nor I could make much sense out of that miter limit code
in the state it was in. Keith has now added some rather elucidating
comments which help quite a bit.

The actual fix he implemented is to change the code from:

	if (dy1)
to:
	if (fabs (dy1) >= fabs (dy2))

which we think should do the trick.

Please update and let us know if the problem has gone away. (If not, a
test case would be quite handy).

Thanks,