[Cairo] Cairo on Windows

Maarten Breddels dmon at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 4 13:10:09 PDT 2003

Hi people,

I compiled Cairo on Windows today. Maybe someone is interested. I had to
change the source a bit, rip out all the X specific stuff and the font
stuff. I also needed the X11 include dir and some had to update some
files. Maybe windows support is something to think about, getting rid of
the X dependencies would be great. I'm not sure about the font stuff,
would be nice to have font support on windows too. If someone is
interested, I could send you the .lib and .dll files.

I also made a Python binding to Cairo using SWIG.

The library looks really nice, it did crash at one time.. When I drew a
line 1000 (pixels?) thick, but it maybe the clipping was off orso, but I
guess that shouldn't happen.

Maarten Breddels