[Cairo] Cairo on Windows

Maarten Breddels dmon at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 4 14:42:41 PDT 2003

> Bryan Worth, (my brother), has been going through a similar
> exercise. He's also started work on a module that takes the
> results from libic and display them on a Windows window of some kind.

Good, some native win32 support will be good for Cairo I think. I'm
using
wxPython to display it, seems to work fine. The Cairo API is way better
then
Ghostscipt, which makes it easier to work with, and faster.

>  > I also made a Python binding to Cairo using SWIG.
>
> That sounds interesting. Would you like to share this? We can
> host the code in CVS. Send me a private mail and I can set that up

Sure, I'll clean it up, and write some docs, hopefully I have some time
tomorrow.

>  > The library looks really nice, it did crash at one time..
> When I drew a  > line 1000 (pixels?) thick, but it maybe the
> clipping was off orso, but I  > guess that shouldn't happen.
>
> No, it shouldn't ever crash. Can you send me a test case for
> this? I'd like to look into it.

Sure, I'll look into it tomorrow, I'll test if it also happens in c,
I also found out it crashes when I don't set the color, and call stroke.

Maarten