[Cairo] another set of Python bindings

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Sep 11 09:54:14 PDT 2003

Around 12 o'clock on Sep 11, Carl Worth wrote:

> > It would be quite useful if Cairo exposed on cairo_t and
>  > cairo_surface_t.  At the moment, the Python wrappers in my binding own
>  > the context or surface, and destroy them when the wrapper gets
>  > destroyed.
>
> I'm afraid I didn't understand your comment here.

Yeah, I think James missed a couple of critial words here.  What he asked
me in IRC was whether cairo could expose reference counts for cairo_t and
cairo_surface_t; cairo_surface_t already has reference counts inside, so
that would require only an external 'ref' function.  Doing reference
counts for cairo_t would require additional mechanism, but not that much.

-keith