[Cairo] another set of Python bindings

Brian Victor bhv1 at psu.edu
Thu Sep 11 14:47:12 PDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 09:30:18PM +0200, Maarten Breddels wrote:
>Brian Victor wrote about wxPython:
>> How hard would it be to make that work in James's version?
>I guess not too hard, as long as you can get to the raw color data.
>The problem I had, was that I needed to convert from BGRA to RGB data.
>I added a function to the pycairo binding for it. As you can see in the
>example below.
[snip]

Seems reasonable.  I'd like to request, then, that write32BGRAto24RGB be
a part of whatever python binding eventually emerges from this.

>Btw, are you using windows or linux or ... ?
>I have a win32 installer executable ready for Python2.3

I'm using Linux and OSX.  I haven't actually been able to do anything
with cairo yet; I was planning on wrapping it at the libsvg level.
However, xsvg won't link for me and I haven't had to look at it.  I may
just extract the data I need from the SVG files and use cairo at this
point.

Did you need the X11 header files or libraries to compile on win32?  If
not, that would be a significant OSX roadblock out of the way.

--
Brian