[Cairo] [patch] implement push/pull on xc surfaces

Eric Christopherson rakko at charter.net
Sat Sep 13 01:40:08 PDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 08:42:52AM -0400, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Sep 6, Eric Christopherson wrote:
>  > After updating and recompiling, I still only get BadValue errors (failed
>  > X_CreatePixmap request) when I try to run the demos.
>
> Here's the traditional recipe for debugging X protocol errors:
[snip]

Very helpful; thank you. Actually you told me that on IRC already and I did
attempt some debugging that way, but it's good for the method to be on the
list for any other hapless users like me who didn't know how :)

I did get a backtrace using this method, but I wasn't able to figure it out
yet. Now that Cairo has been updated some, I'm going to try to get a
backtrace under the current version and forget about the one I already did.
(I still wasn't able to get the examples to run under vncserver or Xnest.)

On the plus side, I now am able to run cairo-spline without crashing, and I
can even SEE the splines! I don't know what you did, but I like it :)

--
Furrfu!		r a k k o  at  c h a r t e r  dot  n e t