[Cairo] missing files at gnu.org

Carol Spears carol at gimp.org
Mon Sep 15 16:35:39 PDT 2003

Bill Spitzak wrote:

>On Monday 15 September 2003 03:53 pm, Carol Spears wrote:
>

>>i have email from rms where he doesn't understand how cool it is to live
>>next to an electric pole that says 404 on it.
>>
>>do you think if i show him this:
>>http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-1.5.tar.gz (which gives me the
>>404 error) he would see the humor of my position?
>>
>>carol
>>
>>ps. if a nightly build is not available, i will have to figure something
>>else out, as my libtool is too old.
>>"libtool 1.5 or later is required. You have 1.4.3."
>>

>This is for slim, right? I was able to compile it by typing the commands in
>autogen.sh without the version number. It does not seem to actually require
>any of these newer versions.

nope, i didn't have a problem with slim.  i didn't have a problem until
i got to cairo and then i have all sorts of issues.

when is it time to hack into gnu.org and fix it.  i am going to starve
to death waiting for rms to answer.  i would be much easier to skip the
unacceptable behaviour, imho.

carol