[Cairo] make error with cvs cairo

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Tue Sep 16 14:34:17 PDT 2003

On Sep 16, Bill Spitzak wrote:
 > On Tuesday 16 September 2003 11:06 am, Carl Worth wrote:
 > Sounds good. I would make sure that anything that is only used by those
 > opaque structures is not declared either. For instance if the fixed type is
 > only used inside those structures, there is no need to put it in the header
 > file either.

Yes. And that is the case already.

 > >From my reading before there was to be a "simple" font interface that should
 > be in the main cairo header file and not require fontconfig headers. Then
 > there were to be machine-specific font interfaces that should be in their own
 > header files.

That's correct.

And as of right now Cairo has nothing but the "simple" interface in
its interface anyway. So, it looks like the fontconfig #include in
cairo.h is totally gratuitous.

So, based on a quick visual inspection, it looks like we could have a
cairo.h that is independent of any other header files by doing the
following:

	1) Remove the foreign enum values, (PictStandard*, PictOp*,
           IcFilter*).

	2) Move the two X-dependent functions to cairo-x11.h:

		cairo_set_target_drawable
		cairo_surface_create_for_drawable

Not that much to do at all.