[cairo] configure errs in determing if xrender backend supported on RHE 2.1

Charles Tuckey ctuckey at verano.com
Fri Apr 16 15:50:41 PDT 2004

Hi,

This is a small thing. I am compiling cairo-0.1.21 on RHE 2.1 which has
a older version of Xrender that won't work with the cairo xlib surface.

The configure script checks for xrender.pc which it doesn't find on RHE
2.1. Then it checks for Xrender.h. The configure script finds this and
assumes that cairo can support the xlib surface. On RHE 2.1 this is the
wrong assumption.

I don't know what the fix is. There doesn't appear to be any version
info in Xrender.h. Perhaps if the pkg-config check fails then the
assumption should be that xlib surfaces are not supported. This would be
consistent with the way decisions about the other surfaces are made.

I am aware I can give the parameter --disable-xlib to the configure
script. I'm just trying to help make the build process automagical.

charlie

--
Charles Tuckey, MSc.
Software Developer