[cairo] Problems with gradients...

benoit.vautrin at free.fr benoit.vautrin at free.fr
Tue Apr 20 13:42:47 PDT 2004

Hi !

Adapting a example code from David Reveman, I've made a simple test case which
shows up some bugs in gradients patterns...

http://benoit.vautrin.free.fr/gradient-scale.c

Compile, execute and resize the window...

1- Scaling problems:

Gradients are scaled strangely (count the number of stripes when resizing...)
but not on all paths...

2- Proportions:

When changing the width/heigh ratio, just transforming the gradient extend or
vector or whatever you call it is not correct:
Even if it is right when the ratio is the same as the original, it doesn't
work in other cases...

3- Image backend:

Gradients are beautifull but from time to time don't fill the whole shape...

There are other issues but I'm still trying to find simple test cases to show
them.

Bye,

Ben.