[cairo] Re: [Mesa3d-dev] OpenGL and Cairo

David Reveman c99drn at cs.umu.se
Wed Apr 21 00:33:01 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 02:07 +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 23:50, Allen Akin wrote:
> >
> > | Did you see these performance numbers for Cairo that were just posted?
> >
> > Yep.  I wonder if the resulting images are identical (to within the
> > limits Cairo defines)?
>
> They weren't nearly visually identical last time I saw screenshots; also
> beware that xrender may be unaccelerated yet.

New screenshots here:
http://www.cs.umu.se/~c99drn/pics/

I've run benchmark tests with nvidia's binary xfree driver and its
experimental xrender acceleration. I get much higher rendering speed in
some test cases but the OpenGL backend is still faster. Tests that
perform transformation of surfaces are just as slow as xrender without
acceleration. I guess nvidia's driver cannot accelerate transformations.

- David

--
David Reveman <c99drn at cs.umu.se>