[cairo] Re: [Mesa3d-dev] Points in Cairo Glitz paper

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Thu Apr 22 09:46:20 PDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:41:28 -0700 (PDT), Jon Smirl wrote:
> Should we step back and reconsider the API and see if the need for pbuffers can
> be eliminated?

API suggestions are always welcome. All cairo API decisions have come
about through discussion on the cairo mailing list.

If someone can point at something in the public cairo API that is
intrinsically "hard" for OpenGL, then we'll be glad to take a closer
look at it.

> My tendency would be to start from the 3D hardware model and work
> backwards to the 2D API. I agree that this will probably result in a more
> complex 2D API but the performance gains from doing this are worth it.

That's a possible approach. But that's not cairo.