[cairo] Fwd: Re: [Mesa3d-dev] more glitz points

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Thu Apr 22 11:26:27 PDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:00:52 -0700, Bill Spitzak wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 April 2004 11:41 pm, David Reveman wrote:
> > I also like the radial gradients to contain two ellipses, one inner
> > ellipse and one outer ellipse, the gradient transition vector will be
> > from the radius of the inner ellipse to the radius of the outer.
>
> I would think just a center point would get most of the variations that are
> wanted and would be *much* simpler. Connecting two ellipses, especially with
> different axis, without producing disconiunities in the area between them, is
> very difficult and mathematically complex.

The "cairo way" of specifying an ellipse is usually to just provide a
circle and a transformation. So perhaps David's "two ellipses" are
actually just two circles modified by the same transformations.

If so, the only distinction I see between that and the images you have
is the presence of an inner radius, (which would presumably be treated
with the same extend attribute as the outer radius).