[cairo] Newbie asks questions

Okezsoke okezsoke at ak47.hu
Sun Apr 25 06:54:07 PDT 2004

Hello Everyone,

First I have to apologize my poor english.

This is my last year on the college.
My thesis' theme is asset tracking, so I have to write a program
displaying map from a database. My friend write the database structure
and my task is the displaying. Actually I do not know much about this.
We choosed Kylix 3 to develop the program.
While I was searching on the Net, I found Cairo.

So, I need some help in this.
 - What kind of documents can You propose
me to read, to gain some experiment in mapdrawing, and graphics.
 - Can I use Cairo from Kylix, or this is impossible?
 - If not, what else can I do? Give up Kylix, or use the possibilities
 of it?
 - If I use Cairo for this small task, isn't it like shot with an
 A-bomb to a rabbit?

 I have 3 weeks.

 Thank You for your help,

        Viktor Nagy