[cairo] Clipping To Gdk Region

Andrew Johnson acjgenius at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 30 12:20:14 PDT 2004

Hey all,

I am trying to figure out how best to Clip a cairo surface using xlib
backend(and xrender) to the GDK region currently applied to the
corresponding gdk window.

I can get the rectangles via gdk_region_get_rectangles, however I cannot
see any fast and easy way to apply this directly to the surface. If I
had the xrender handle actually being used I could simply create a new
xregion and apply it, then free on done, but I am not seeing anyway to
handle this in the current api.

Am I missing something, or there is simply no simple way to handle this
as yet?

Also would there be any Plausible way to apply a gdk clipping mask to
cairo? Or is that asking too much.

Preferably much of this wouldn't be needed given a native cairo gtk, as
trying to juggle using cairo surfaces within the gdk context is making
life fun, but ah well maybe next year.

Andrew

Sorry to the moderator - I accidentally sent this once before from an
address which isn't subscribed to the list.