[cairo] License for cairo changed to LGPL

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Mon Aug 2 13:27:54 PDT 2004

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 16:13:39 -0400, Carl Worth wrote:
> The license for cairo has now changed to the LGPL.

I should point out that the license change has been committed to CVS,
but we don't yet have a new snapshot with this license.

The next snapshot will be made available under the LGPL, (and prominent
notice of the change will be placed in the release announcement). I'll
likely also bump the version number for the snapshot from 0.1.x to 0.2.x
to indicate the significance of the change.

I'm still waiting to create a snapshot until the new tessellation code
is ready. The prototype is coming along quite nicely now, so hopefully
not too much longer.