[cairo] Cairo + Pango

Bryce Harrington bryce at osdl.org
Sat Aug 7 10:59:44 PDT 2004

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, Jost Boekemeier wrote:
> Since cairo is now GPL, what about nuking the cairo
> font implementation completely and integrate pango? --
> The cairo implemetation is a toy anyway because you
> cannot pass special render flags to it

For what it's worth, in Inkscape we just finished
replacing the internal font implementation in it
with Pango.  Initially we weren't sure if it would
provide all the same functionality, but it turned
out to cover everything just fine, and it ended
up providing some new capabilities we'd lacked
before.  So integrating pango worked well for us.

Bryce