[cairo] Cairo metafile

Jost Boekemeier jost2345 at yahoo.de
Thu Aug 12 11:14:28 PDT 2004

> int hitFills = cairo_shape_viewport_hit_test(view,
> 128, 128, true); ?

Yes.  But the area where you can ask for objects is
restricted by the viewport area.

> The last parameter specifies if I want
> to check only filled areas, or ares which
> would be rendered by a stroke?

It works a little bit different.  Every shape defines
its own input area, with the help of the
ctx->mark_stroke() and ctx->mark_fill() functions.

> cairo_shape_viewport_bbox(shape, &x, &y, &w, &h); ?

No.  Because I don't need it, yet. :)

> What are the meaning in the function
> cairo_shape_create(10000, 10000);
>
> You don't really create a surface of 10000 x 10000
> pxels, do you?

The drawing commands are kept in a list. When
composition_ctx->draw() is called the list is invoked.

> 	  cairo_shape_translate(shape, -10, 0);
>
> This sound interesting, even if it doesn't really
> fits into our design. Do
> you render all shapes, or do you have some
> "optimized rendering"
> algorithms in place?

Currently the complete list is evaluated.  Cairo will
take care of which shapes have to be drawn and which
are outside.  In theory it would be possible to order
the shapes, but I think this is not worth it.

> Does you shape have  render informations

It wraps cairo entirely.  Everything which is
available in cairo is available in the retained mode.
The difference is just that the retained mode draws
lazy.

Jost