[cairo] Switching to Evas Canvas over LGPL

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Fri Aug 13 18:47:37 PDT 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:13:40 -0700, "M. Evans" wrote:
> Indeed, as you say, "it's all about freedom, remember?" -- so persuade
> me that Cairo does or will offer technical advantages over Evas, which,
> like Antigrain.com, retains a nice, friendly license.

I meant it when I said it's all about freedom.

Everyone should evaluate software based on features, license, etc. and
choose what suits their needs, goals, ideologies best.

I certainly won't try to persuade you of technical advantages that cairo
might have over Evas. Carsten and I have discussed both libraries and
agree that they are more complementary than competing, (not least of
which is that cairo provides an immediate-mode drawing API while Evas
provides a retained-mode canvas interface).

Please choose and use the software you see fit.