[cairo] ucblogo results

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Sat Aug 14 06:18:13 PDT 2004

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 08:24:45 +0530, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> The cairo backend for ucblogo is mostly finished.

Joshua,

This is really exciting. I've been thinking for a while that a
cairo-based LOGO implementation would be a fun thing to play with with
my 7-year-old son. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

So thanks for your efforts.

>                                                   I find the cairo
> API very simple and intuitive.  I was able to figure out practically
> everything by studying cairo.h and fdclock.

Thank you. The simplicity of the API has been a primary design goal, and
it is encouraging to see some evidence of success here.

Of course, this is a "shoulder of giants" situations as the cairo API
was certainly not invented from whole cloth, (and the implementation
relies on the results of much previously published research). I'm hoping
to meet some of those giants, and personally thank them some time.