[cairo] __visibility__ bug fix

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Dec 20 09:55:38 PST 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:03:25 +0100, David Reveman wrote:
> If you place the '*' after the __internal_linkage macro, like this:
>
> extern cairo_surface_t __internal_linkage *
> cairo_function ();
>
> I think gcc 3.4 should be happy.

Thanks. That did the trick, so these macros are all back again.

Of course, splitting up the return type with this macro does make the
declaration look nasty. It was much easier to ignore the macro when it
was off to the right.

I don't hiding the return type inside a macro argument would look good
either, (extra parentheses in a function declaration are particularly
confusing).

Am I doomed to have to learn to deal with inscrutable header files?

Any other suggestions?