[cairo] "operator" keyword in libcairo

Chris fltk at functionalfuture.com
Wed Dec 29 09:09:55 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 08:53 -0800, Ned Konz wrote:
> Well, sure. But then it's not going to use 'operator' as a variable name in
> that file. I still don't understand the problem. Aren't the uses of
> 'operator' as a variable name just in the C files? You compile the C files
> with a C compiler and the C++ files with a C++ compiler.

Unless overridden with settings, both the MS compiler and gcc will use
the file extension to determine if it should be compiled as C or C++.
In this case it thinks it is a C++ file and won't compile.

Obviously on whatever system this was tested on, the compiler must have
been set to compile in C mode because if you just do "gcc somefile.cpp"
it will compile in C++ mode.

Not sure why a C file would have a ".cpp" extension?

--
// Chris