[cairo] COPYING files....

Dave Dodge dododge at dododge.net
Tue Feb 10 16:19:31 PST 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 11:26:37AM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> The nicest part about all of this is that once the tarballs are built, the
> target system need have *none* of the autoconf/automake tool chain
> installed.

As a longtime victim of Sun's bundled imake configuration, I'll concur
that relying on an installed predetermined configuration system is a
recipe for disaster -- or at least long, loud cursing fits. I for one
was extremely happy to see autotools being used for the new server,
since I know that 1) it usually works; 2) it usually does what I tell
it; and 3) when it does misbehave it can usually be hacked/overridden
without a lot of trouble.

                                                  -Dave Dodge