[cairo] Loading images

Olivier Andrieu oliv__a at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 24 06:29:43 PST 2004

 Sanjay Gupta [Tuesday 24 February 2004] :

 > Hi List,
 > How can i work with images loaded through
 > gdkpixbuf library.
 > cairo_surface_create_for_image accepts a char* but
 > gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file() function of gdkpixbuf library
 > returns me a GdkPixbuf structure. Can anyone tell me
 > how to use GdkPixbuf struct with cairo?

gdk_pixbuf_get_pixels () gives you a pointer to the actual pixel
buffer.

But you'll have to do some conversion because gdk-pixbuf and Cairo
have sensibly different ways of representing the pixel data:
 - 24 bits data are "packed" in gdk-pixbuf but not in Cairo
   (ie there is 3 bytes per pixel in gdk-pixbuf but 4 in Cairo)
 - 32 bits data have different ordering of the color components

--
   Olivier