[cairo] cairo compiles on win32 (cygwin)

Evan Martin martine at danga.com
Thu Jan 22 22:31:36 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 01:11:52AM -0500, Richard Worth wrote:
> Two main fixes
> 1) I removed the 'extern ' and ' __external_linkage' (guarded
> win32/cygwin macro which added __declspec(dllexport) or
> __declspec(dllimport)) from function declarations in cairo.h and
> pixman.h. From what I can tell, these used to be necessary for building
> shared libraries for win32, but are no longer.

I'm hardly a win32 expert, but the last time I tried building a library
for win32 I found you either needed a .def file at link time, or some
magic flags like dllexport, for your dlls to have any public functions.

Perhaps it's only unnecessary with cygwin / mingw?

--
Evan Martin
martine at danga.com
http://neugierig.org