[cairo] cairo compiles on win32 (cygwin)

Andrew Johnson acjgenius at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 23 08:26:37 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 08:40, Richard Worth wrote:
> Evan Martin wrote:

> If someone were to compile in some other win32 environment (not
> unreasonable) it may turn out that it is necessary. I would feel better
> about them adding it for that reason. Until then the code is a lot
> easier to read.

I just tried compiling in mingw, and had issues with this, also an
additional problem I had was with M_PI apparently not being defined in
math.h which is very odd indeed but was easily fixed by adding an

#ifndef M_PI
#define M_PI 3.14159265358979323846
#endif

to the cairoint.h

To get the linking working at least enough to do a basic test I
essentially looked at how glib handled this, and in cairoint.h added -

#define   CAIRO_IMPORT   extern
#if defined(WIN32)
#  define   CAIRO_EXPORT   __declspec(dllexport)
#else
#  define   CAIRO_EXPORT
#endif

and simply prepended CAIRO_EXPORT to all relevent functions in cairo,
cairo_matrix and cairo_surface. After doing which, I could manually
compile the png cairo demos(the makefile does not work properly)

of course the resulting png's are corrupt, but that is probably another
issue entirely...

Andrew