[cairo] Can we get another development snapshot of Cairo?

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Thu Jul 1 12:05:59 PDT 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:54:47 -0600, Charles Tuckey wrote:
> Since the latest glitz development snapshot, 0.1.5, the last cairo
> snapshot, 0.1.23, no longer builds with it. Would it be possible to get
> another development snapshot of cairo done?

Oh, I hadn't realized we had skewed that way.

I could make another snapshot, but the head of CVS has some noticeably
broken tessellation code, that I'm not anxious to inflict on people. So
far, when users have hit it in CVS I've said, "Use the latest snapshot".

Strictly speaking, the code has been broken forever, but the problems
ahve been mostly hidden. Keith and I are part-way through the work to
solve things, and the partial solution in CVS is what is exposing more
problems. I'm hoping we can get a more complete fix finished this week,
and then we can make a new snapshot.

The only other option is if somebody wanted to back out the latest fix
to the intersection code. But that would pretty much require a volunteer
to be a release manager for cairo. Is there anyone interested in this
honorable position?