[cairo] Cairo and OpenVG

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 13:51:17 PDT 2004

Khronous Group is starting development on a new vector graphics
standard, OpenVG, which the article indicates may end up in the Sony
PS/3 and definitely in cell phones.

http://www.khronos.org/openvg/
http://www.eetimes.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=22103497

Is someone interested in trying to talk to them about the advantages of
Cairo?

Sony is considering using the OpenML, OpenGL-ES, OpenVG stack in PS/3.
Linux is not that far from being compatible with these APIs. We already
have OpenGL-ES (it is a subset of OpenGL). OpenML is their framebuffer
device equivalent. We could support OpenML with a moderate amount of
work.

That leaves OpenVG. But the spec for OpenVG is writen yet.

Wouldn't it be cool if Linux and PS/3 could end up with the same APIs
for writing games!

=====
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at yahoo.com