[cairo] SVG gradient patches

David Reveman c99drn at cs.umu.se
Fri Jun 4 14:04:19 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 14:02 -0400, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 17:23:00 +0200, David Reveman wrote:
> > I've created two patches (one for libsvg and one for libsvg-cairo) which
> > add support for gradient object bounding box coordinates and gradient
> > transform.
> >
> > It seems to working fine. libsvg-cairo now passes all the gradient tests
> > in the SVG 1.1 test suite.
>
> David,
>
> Thanks so much for implementing this. The results look fantastic.
>
> There are a couple of things that need to be fixed in the libsvg
> patch. _svg_gradient_init now leaves some fields (type and union)
> uninitialized, and _svg_gradient_init_copy does not copy these same
> fields.
>
> The libsvg-cairo patch looks pretty good, (though you should probably
> delete the TODO comment in _svg_cairo_length_to_pixel now that you've
> fixed that).
>
> I'm looking forward to seeing this committed. Well done.
>
> -Carl

I've updated the patches. I'll get them committed if you think they are
OK.

We should probably add support for object bounding box coordinates to
patterns as well, but it looks like the current pattern code in
libsvg-cairo is some kind of temporary hack. That's why I only fixed the
gradients for now.

-David