[cairo] Porting GTK+ to use Cairo

Jost Boekemeier jost2345 at yahoo.de
Sun Jun 6 01:56:39 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 17:14, Carl Worth wrote:

> One thing that is nice about the cairo architecture is that we have the
> flexibility to experiment with interesting combinations of client- and
> server-side rendering.

Yeah -- I think I can send a patch against GDK at the end of this month,
maybe earlier.

What I currently have is an ugly hack, but it already demonstrates that
cairo/gtk applications will be more responsive because we get rid of all
these reconfigure messages to modify X-server state, some of them were
even serialized.

Jost