[cairo] Help required with redraw problems

Charles Tuckey ctuckey at verano.com
Sat Mar 27 21:49:20 PST 2004

Hi David,

We are proceeding with integrating the OpenGL backend with our project.
However, we have run into a problem(s). Note that we are running this on
a Redhat Enteprise Linux 2.1 machine (XFree 4.1.0).

For our purpsoses, we cannot use the method
'cairo_glx_surface_create_for_window' because we want to draw on to a
gtk window's backbuffer which is a pixmap. So we created a clone of
cairo_glx_surface_create_for_window called
cairo_glx_surface_create_for_pixmap and then
glc_glx_surface_create_for_pixmap and created a GLXPixmap using a
glXCreateGLXPixmap() call. On one machine that is running on a VMWare
virtual machine we can draw on to the pixmap and everything works fine.
Another machine (a real one) that has NVIDIA card running NVIDIA X
server and GL implementaion, we get an X error that says:

The program '<unknown>' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
   (Details: serial 588 error_code 8 request_code 129 minor_code 5)
    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)

We tracked down the error to a line that calls glXMakeCurrent().

Do you have any idea what may be causing this error? Or any suggestions
as to what we should be looking at?

Thanks David.

Soorya & Charlie

--
Charles Tuckey, MSc.
Software Developer

  © Copyright 2004 Verano Inc. owns copyright content of this document
and all attachments unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.
Users of Verano Inc. software and tools associated with the software
such as sales & marketing collateral, presentations, user manuals,
training documentation etc. may not republish nor reproduce in whole or
in part the information, in any form or by any means, in any manner
whatsoever without the prior written permission of Verano Inc., and any
such unauthorized use constitutes copyright infringement. An
acknowledgement of the source must be included whenever Verano Inc.
material is copied or published. If you require further information on a
permitted use or license to reproduce or republish any material, address
your inquiry to Verano Inc.Suite 120, 575 West Street, Mansfield,
Massachusetts, 02048-1164. Any infringement of Verano Inc. rights  will
result in appropriate legal action. Verano Inc. disclaims any and all
liability for any consequences which may result from any unauthorized
reproduction or use of this Work whatsoever.