[cairo] libglc -> glitz

David Reveman c99drn at cs.umu.se
Wed Mar 31 02:47:11 PST 2004

libglc is now known as glitz.

The core of glitz is now built as a separate library with a minimum
set of dependencies. Each backend is built into its own library and
different applications can use different backend libraries with the same
core library.

This means that cairo compiled with OpenGL backend only need to be
linked to the glitz core library. Only the applications that use the
OpenGL backend need to be linked to a glitz backend library and libGL.

e.g. when I'm running MacOS X, I have one cairo library,
one glitz core library, one glitz-glx backend library and one glitz-agl
backend library installed. Some applications use the glitz-agl backend
and some use the glitz-glx backend but they all use the same glitz core
and cairo library.

glitz is now in cairo CVS and all the OpenGL/pattern patches and demos
have been updated.

- David

--
David Reveman <c99drn at cs.umu.se>