[cairo] Clipping

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Fri May 14 12:00:25 PDT 2004

On Fri, 14 May 2004 20:53:40 +0200, Jordi Mas wrote:
> I have reading some old messages in the list talking about getting an
> aggrement to define a clipping API. Looking at cairo.h I have seen that
> there is not yet there. Any plans on the short term for this? I can give
> a hand if it's need it.

Sometime ago, we did talk about an API for clipping to a list of
device-pixel aligned rectangles. And for a while, we even had the API
stubs inside a comment within cairo.h.

Since then, Graydon Hoare has implemented code under cairo_clip that
automatically detects if the path consists of a device-pixel algined
rectangle, and if so, does the more efficient clipping.

Our hope is that with this support we won't need a separate API.

So, try giving his implementation a try, and see if it won't do what you
need.