[cairo] Re: various glitz issues

Øyvind Kolås oeyvindk at hig.no
Wed May 19 05:18:20 PDT 2004

* David Reveman <c99drn at cs.umu.se> [040519 14:13]:
> On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 11:31 +0200, Øyvind Kolås wrote:
> > apart from this I wonder whether glitz.pc should pull in glitz-glx ,
> > I've been manually changing the glitz dependency of cairo.pc to
> > glitz-glx but I suspect this is the wrong approach.
>
> cairo should never know anything about the different glitz-backends.
> This should be handled in some layer above cairo, in this case gtkcairo.
> The following patch should be applied to gtkcairo to make it work
> correctly. The patch assumes glitz-glx >= 0.1.3, which I haven't
> released yet but I'll try to get this new snapshot out later today or
> tomorrow.
>
> I'll commit this patch once I get the new snapshot ready, is that ok?

I agree that cairo shouldn't need to bother about anything, but this
responsibility should not fall on the layer above cairo either,. linking
just with cairo should be enough, cairo should pull in the deps it's
libraries need, and the availability of features are checked at compile
time using the feature defines?

/Øyvind K.

--
  .^.
  /V\    Øyvind Kolås,  Gjøvik University College, Norway