[cairo] text rendering fixes

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Thu May 20 17:13:39 PDT 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004 15:00:55 -0600, Charles Tuckey wrote:
> David Reveman wrote:
>  > Do we want to make this glyph caching system part of cairo? My latest
>  > text rendering fixes needs the glyph caching system.
>
>  From a pure usability point of view, my vote would be to add it.

David, please feel free to commit this patch.

You've got independent confirmation of functionality and no one has
complained so far. Plus it doesn't change the public API, so the bar for
acceptance is a bit lower.

I had been hoping to look at/play with the patch at some point, but I
just haven't had a chance. But you shouldn't let my lack of comment
impede progress.

You've been committing good code and you've proven that you'll actively
maintain it. With that you should feel quite comfortable exercising your
own judgment as to when a patch is ready.