[cairo] glitz-glx

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at yahoo.com
Sat May 22 07:51:54 PDT 2004

--- David Reveman <c99drn at cs.umu.se> wrote:
> I don't know much about mesa-solo, what are the alternatives to using
> mesa-solo through miniglx? Can we use mesa-solo directly? If there are some
> advantages of using mesa-solo directly, then I definitely think we should
> create a mesa-solo backend for glitz, otherwise we should get the GLX
> backend working with miniglx.

mesa-solo is a stand alone OpenGL without the need for X. miniglx runs on top of
fbdev and mesa-solo to provide a minimal windowing system. miniglx is in
src/glx/mini, it's just a couple of files.

Once keithp gets xserver up on mesa-solo there will be no need to use miniglx
anymore. You'll have full glx in the xserver. But, keithp is planning to use
glitz as the guts for his GL based xserver. So I'm trying to get glitz up on
miniglx right now so that we can run it through it's paces and see if anything
it needs in mesa-solo is broken.

Instead of rendering to two different windows have you tried rendering to the
back buffer and copying? Or checking to see if you can get an AUX buffer?

I'm working on this right now if you want to try it from your end.  These are
the instructions for building mesa-solo. http://mesa3d.sourceforge.net/ It will
build miniglx too. So far the two big problem areas are use of multiple windows
and using the X input system. I have glitztest loading now but it doesn't work
for those reasons.

=====
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at yahoo.com