[cairo] glitz-glx

David Reveman c99drn at cs.umu.se
Sun May 23 09:44:43 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 07:51 -0700, Jon Smirl wrote:
> Once keithp gets xserver up on mesa-solo there will be no need to use miniglx
> anymore. You'll have full glx in the xserver. But, keithp is planning to use
> glitz as the guts for his GL based xserver. So I'm trying to get glitz up on
> miniglx right now so that we can run it through it's paces and see if anything
> it needs in mesa-solo is broken.

ok, there's no need for a meso-solo backend in glitz to get xserver
running on top of GL, then. xserver will have full glx and glitz will
use that, right?

> Instead of rendering to two different windows have you tried rendering to the
> back buffer and copying? Or checking to see if you can get an AUX buffer?

hmm, I'm not sure I understand what you mean with "rendering to two
different windows", if you're referring to the use of the root window
then you've got it a bit wrong. The root window is never used for
drawing, it's only used for making a GLXContext current so that we can
query extensions and create textures. We need a to pass a drawable to
glXMakeCurrent, this is why we create the root window.

-David