[cairo] Cairo on win32

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Fri May 28 19:24:32 PDT 2004

Maarten Breddels writes:
 > Well, the dll from the DIA site crashed, and i haven't figured out how
 > to build it myself. Can you give me some hints how to build it?

You are a MSVC user, right? I have built fontconfig only with GNU
tools, sorry. You will have to create a suitable config.h yourself. I
could send you my autotools-generated one as a start. Most probably it
will work with just minor tweaks. (For instance, mingw has a
<unistd.h> and thus my config.h says HAVE_UNISTD_H, you will have to
ifdef that out for MSVC.)

Probably the crash was because of a missing HOME? That was fixed some
time ago. The fix is included in the fontconfig binaries available
from www.gimp.org/win32/downloads.html.

 > I now thing the def file is probably better, it's portable, and easy to
 > edit.

Good.

--tml