[cairo] pycairo autogen.sh test broken for automake-1.8 and later

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Nov 1 08:38:05 PST 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:39:33 -0500, John Hunter wrote:
> Just wanted to let you know that the autogen.sh for pycairo in CVS is
> broken for systems that have automake >1.7 (eg GNU automake 1.8.3)
> because the 1.7 test is hardcoded in.  automake 1.8.3 works fine in
> the build process, it's just the autogen.sh test that is broken.

Hi John,

Thanks for the report.

I've changed it to just call "automake" rather than requiring
"automake-1.7". Please try it out now and let me know if there are any
problems.

Also, pycairo was failing to compile for me without pygtk installed. I
committed a change which did allow it to compile for me. But I couldn't
test it well since everything in pycairo/examples uses GTK+.

Does anyone have some non-gtk pycairo examples? For example, something
that just generates an output PNG? If so, that could be a useful
addition to pycairo/examples.