[cairo] Static caches and thread-safety

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Nov 12 10:32:09 PST 2004

Around 11 o'clock on Nov 12, Carl Worth wrote:

> Which of these are necessary for that "most visible effect" ? Just the
> xlib_glyphset stuff ? or the global_ft cache as well?

I guess I'm not sure how effectively we could do the xlib_glyphset sharing
without allowing sharing all the way up to the API.

Having each cairo_t point at the cache it is using and exposing internal
locking APIs for accessing those caches would allow us to implement shared
caches where easy while still using separate caches for systems which make
sharing hard.

-keith