[cairo] font scaling

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Sun Nov 14 10:18:33 PST 2004

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 15:48:40 +0000, Phil Blundell wrote:
> I'm assuming this behaviour is not deliberate.  The attached patch seems
> to clear it up for me.

Correct, and the patch looks fine. It's almost identical to what I
committed yesterday, (selecting the same font twice also didn't clear a
reference count on the font).

> As an aside, if you have a third iteration of this process, allowing the
> size to reach 1331, any attempt to render text leads to an assertion
> failure in _cairo_cache_lookup because the allocated block for a single
> glyph exceeds the maximum size that was set for the entire glyph cache.

That's a bug of course. If the caches are going to decide that things
are too big to be cached, then the objects still need to be created and
not cached.