[cairo] Pen vertex estimation solutions

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Oct 12 12:35:39 PDT 2004

> Please feel free to commit. The math looks solid.

btw -- I've still got a few patches here and would like feedback before
deleting or committing them.

1)	trapezoid list doubled in size instead of incremented.  Changes.
	from O(n) to O(1) (amortized).  Should actually do traps in batches
	and ship them to the server in chunks to reduce X server latency.
	Would need to use trap extents to create temp pixmap.

2)	trapezoid extents computed on-the-fly with a sloppy, but
	correct-for-our-usage algorithm.

3)	Kludge in xlib_surface.c mapping pixmaps with 0 width/height to 1
	to avoid limit in X protocol.

I've also got a license change in cairo_wideint.{ch}, but I discovered
that two of the signed multiplication macros are broken, so that seems like it
should pend until I've figured out the right answer.

-keith